Saturday, September 15, 2012

Term IV Done

After the IIP of 2 weeks we were looking forward to getting back to the rigor in Terms- IV and V especially since electives were part of these terms.


Term-IV was easier than Terms- I and II probably because we were getting used to the IIMA way and also because depending on the electives, classes were spread all through the day at different slots and that gave some breathers. Most importantly, the surprise quizzes were almost over with Terms-I and II.

Many electives were on offer. I went for Carbon Finance (CAF), Effective Management of Managing Function (EMFF), Strategic Decision Making (SDM), Strategic Business to Business Marketing (SBBM) and Infrastructure and Public Private Partnerships (IDPPP). These were in line with my background in EPC, Oil & gas industry + higher management roles that I was looking to move into.

Faculty for some of these electives were superb. Their mastery of the subject and teaching methods were excellent. In the e IDPPP elective we had some case studies that were current (the Delhi Metro related ones and Telecom related ones) and that made it all the more interesting and valuable.

No comments:

Post a Comment