Saturday, January 15, 2011

GMAT Preparation

This has been pending for long time now -posting the GMAT preparation sources that I used including a study schedule. If not to the exact hours and minutes, I followed preparation schedule to keep a check on my preparation progress. Eventually, I spent about 60% of the time I scheduled. So, planning does help. Control and Monitoring is essential along with the planning. First things first, it is important to decide the mode of preparation - paid classroom courses, paid online resources or free online resources. Secondly, it is important to place an expectation on the scores based on diagnostic tests. I found free resources adequate.

I did buy Princeton review, GMAT Review (mba.com), GMAT Verbal review, GMAT Quant review and Pearson GMAT preparation to practice offline. Free tests are available from mba.com also. I used the older version of the free official GMAT test preparation test too.

I hope this helps with a direction during initial days after having decided to go to a business school through GMAT.

Free Tests

http://www.crack-gmat.com/php/DownloadTest4.php
http://www.800score.com/free-gmat.html
http://www.kaptest.com/MCAT/Home/index.html
http://www.filestube.com/1cbb8292c617dff903ea/details.html - PPGMAT30.exe
http://gmatclub.com/tests/
http://www.4tests.com/exams/examdetail.asp?eid=31
http://www.platinumgmat.com/practice_gmat_questions/sentence_correction_questions
http://www.princetonreview.com/login3.aspx?RDN=1
http://www.veritasprep.com/free-gmat-practice-test/

GMAT Study Schedule
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Ajpex7XCZ8tQdFFSWTJraXMzUmF2X0UtRUR4MWdZRkE&hl=en&authkey=CLLA5K4C


GMAT Idioms (Collected from many webpages that have not implied any copyright)https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Ajpex7XCZ8tQdEtpMUtCX2RCd0dqaHFuMmxnWWVJcmc&hl=en&authkey=CJ6fs0I

Quant fundas

Verbal fundas

No comments:

Post a Comment