I have always wanted to understand finance better, probably more so since I have not had much opportunity to look at that side of things either during academic days or in profession.
To give a start, I enrolled for the project finance course offered by IIBF (Indian Institute of Banking and Finance) in collaboration with IFMR (Institute of Financial Management and Research).
This is a 8 week course including a 5 full-day sessions at IFMR, Chennai and culminating with an internal and external examination.
IIBF sent a CD along with a book (Prasanna Chandra on Project Finance) and presentation material of 19 modules prior to the 5 day session.
The 5 day session was very well organized in terms of the lecture room, food and accommodation. The faculty were very experience professionals and enriched the class with their knowledge. The computer laboratory was excellent. They taught financial modeling for project finance in a manner such that a guy like me with absolutely little knowledge on finance and financial terms and tools could end each day's session with the satisfaction of having learnt and understood a concept.
The internal and external tests were conducted professionally and covered all major aspects of the course and needed good understanding of concepts to do reasonably well.
The participants were a from different backgrounds (many from the banking industry not surprisingly) and we got along well over the week.
In all, the course has added value to my life with little knowledge on basics of project finance. I am looking forward to reading the course material and book again to enhance my understanding further.
More importantly, I guess this could help me at PGPX too.
Hi I just enrolled for the same programme. Can you give some elaborate details on the same. My email id is srinidhigowda143@gmail.com
ReplyDelete